Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

New Project LIGHT TENT: UPDATE

This epic project that started off as an idea for a solution to my problem of not being able to catch the sun for picture taking has ended and here are the results!

My pictures SUCK! And with that said let's toast to my next project. Getting a shiny new camera because it has to be the cameras fault that my pictures are bad.
The camera I'm using now is a 4 megapixel Fujifilm Finepix e500 and these are the pictures it took for me:

 
 

The middle picture isn't so bad but generally I think the pictures are pretty dark in a lot of place. The contours of the clothing don't capture all of the light. The strange thing is that the camera is not capturing what I see. The placement of the overhead light clamps gave me a lot of trouble. At first I tried duct-taping it to the ceiling but it came down after about thirty minutes - thankfully on the top panel. My attempt at putting a nail in the ceiling didn't work either. I just settled for putting the nail as high on the wall as possible below the ceiling. I would have preferred to have to light shine at the object and not directly over it. Then again I would have preferred to have a drill and an actual wall sconce to house the light bulb so that I could extend it over the tent and adjust it as needed but we can't have everything now can we?

 When I was buying all of the supplies for this project I had to fight my boyfriend tooth and nail over the light bulbs because even though he had never done anything with photography for some reason he was adamant that I use regular light bulbs and this had nothing to do with the price. I got him to buy two 42 watt CFL's which are 150 equivalent and one 150 watt incandescent because the cfl's can be pretty pricey and I wanted this to be a low budget project.

No comments:

Post a Comment